The magazine points out six key business trends in its current issue:
1. Democratization: User-generated content; amateur economy; brand hijack; wisdom of crowds; online social networks; crowdsourcing; popular popular culture (“the end of the blockbuster”).
2. Video Unlimited (I’d rather extend this to ‘content unlimited’): Any time, any place, any format, any screen.
3. Personalization (The “New Me” generation): My way or the highway.
4. Open-Source/All-Access (“Closed systems are dead”). Examples: salesforce.com, Firefox, Linux.
5. M&A as R&D: Make or Buy? Buy!
6. Carbon Killers or Going Green
7. I would like to add a seventh one: the new brand minimalism.